Apparently 58th street in Newport Beach is the place to be. It's great waves, hardly any people, and pretty good parking! The Christiansens shared their secret spot with us. They go there every Friday. Her husband Jeff has gone there since he was a baby every Friday with his Mom & her friends. What a great tradition. Since he is a school teacher, he takes his wife and kids there every Friday too because he is off in the summer. It was a blast! I wish Jake could have been there, but Jeff played with all the kids and they had a great time!

The wave got Logan on this one!


Logan & Landon love to boogie board! They are getting really good!

Me and Lawson guy! He was a little timid of the sand at the beginning of the summer, but now he has a great time in it! He's still a little unsure of the water though!


Lawson loves Maggie "Mag Pie" Merrill. He is always going up to her and hugging her or petting her. It is really cute.

Thanks Jeff & Kacie for the great day! Kacie only has two weeks left until the baby comes! She is on boy #4 just like me! We have six families in our ward with four boys. How random is that? And 8 families with all boys. One of them has 8 boys alone. I can't even imagine! You go Paula!

What more could a bunch of boys want? Dirt & Water and you can play in it all day long without getting in trouble! Thank goodness for good vaccuums for the car and showers at home!

Malinda and her boys with Maggie putting sand all over her. It was cute!

The boys loved climbing on the jetty and looking down in the cracks at the crabs. It is very interesting and kind of creepy at the same time.

Lawson really wanted the camera! He is obsessed with cameras and cell phones. The kid loves buttons.

Maggie liked the sand a little too much. She is giving herself a colon cleanse I believe! Yuck!

Malinda and Mylee Merrill playing in the sand. Mylee loves the beach too.

Jeff found a sand crab and the boys were fascinated by it. Can you tell?

Logan got brave enough to hold it in his hand!
This was a great day at the beach. Nice and about 80 degrees. Overcast until about 1 o'clock. I couldn't have asked for a better day (Well, maybe if I could've read a book or taken a nap, that might have been the perfect day. For now I am trying to enjoy the boys while they're little because someday I will be able to take a nap and read a book and I will wish that they were all little again!)
4 comments:
Super fun! That makes me totally jealous. There is seriously nothing better than a day at the beach, espcially for kids. It's so fun to see the Fackrell's and Merrill's. Tell Malinda it's her turn to start a blog!
I added you to my nerdy blogger list!
I miss my boys! Looks like fun and sun at the beach.
Suzi,
It's Jaime (Nicholson) Larsen. Don't ask me how I found this. Somehow I found your sister's through someone in my mom's ward. Crazy! You're boys are so cute. It's fun to see your family!
That looks like a lot of fun. I wish my family would have made it to the beach more, but you know how it is. Looks like afun day.
Post a Comment